The St. Lucie Transportation Planning Organization (TPO) is currently developing the 2045 Long Range Transportation Plan. Please take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to fill out the survey below, which will help the TPO to identify public priorities. Surveys are anonymous. We appreciate your input. Click here to take the survey
What is an LRTP?
- The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) 2045 describes how St. Lucie County’s multimodal transportation system will evolve over the next 25 years.
- The St. Lucie Transportation Planning Organization (TP0) is required by federal law to review and update its transportation plan every five (5) years.
- The St. Lucie 2040 LRTP, referred to as Go2040, was adopted by the TPO Governing Board in February 2016.
Why is it important to do a long range plan?
- Creates a vision, develops goals and objectives, identifies needs and financial resources, and provides a cost feasible plan for transportation.
- Shapes the future of transportation investment in the County.
- Sets the vision for transportation for all modes of travel throughout the County.
- Ifluences projects included in the 5-year Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).
What types of projects are included in an LRTP?
- Non-motorized facility networks (bicycle facilities, sidewalks, and shared-use paths).
- Transit services and facilities.
- Major roadway improvements and new interchanges.
- Freight capacity projects (roadway, railways, seaport, and airport facilities).
What is the difference between a Needs Plan and Cost Feasible Plan?
- The Needs Plan provides a summary of potential transportation projects that addresses gaps in the system and community needs.
- The Cost Feasible Plan is a list of prioritized projects from the Needs Plan, which is impacted by anticipated funds throughout the 25-year planning range.
How can I provide input?
- Throughout the development of the 2045 LRTP, there will be four pop-up outreach events, five focus groups, three workshops, and numerous TPO committee and Board meetings where the LRTP will be discussed.
- An online community survey will be posted on the website.